As a business, we believe in sowing back into our community and are privileged to be associated with a number of local schools, churches, Bath City Football Club and two local charities: Business Against Poverty and Jamie’s Farm. We are also a member of The Bath % Club involving the donation of at least 1% of company profits to charity.
The Bath Percent Club encourages charitable giving by local businesses and has now enlisted over 180 companies and individuals committed to giving back to the local community. The Bath Percent Club enables local charities without large advertising budgets to present themselves and their needs directly to local businesses and individual members. Members take responsibility for distributing and managing their own funds.
Business against Poverty is a Business Enterprise that drives: profitable, ethical and sustainable growth for the benefit of its members and society. Its funds drive the humanitarian work of the charity People against Poverty whose aims are:
- To feed the hungry, provide shelter, clothe and educate the poor, take care of the sick and bring communities together to help break the cycle of poverty;
- To form communities in the UK to engage with People against Poverty;
- To be a gateway directly enabling our communities here in the UK, to engage with our international communities bringing them both life changing experiences.
Business Against Poverty is an accredited membership community. Members who meet our Code of Ethics are authorised to carry the Business against Poverty accreditation kitemark. Total Bathrooms is proud to have been a supporter of Business Against Poverty and People Against Poverty since their creation.
Jamie’s Farm acts as a catalyst for change, enabling disadvantaged young people to thrive academically, socially and emotionally. They do this through a unique residential experience and rigorous follow-up programme, combining farming, family and therapy.
Jamie’s Farm hosts visits at three rural farms, and a city farm in Waterloo. Jamie’s Farm near Bath became the first permanent home for the charity back in 2009 and at Total Bathrooms we are proud to have both supported the charity since then and supplied the bathrooms for this first farm. Since then, they have opened two further farms near Hereford (January 2015) and Monmouth (January 2018). In April 2019, they opened a fourth farm, Jamie’s Farm Lewes, in East Sussex.
Founded in 1889 and nicknamed ‘The Romans’, Bath City FC is based locally to us in Twerton. Total Bathrooms have been supporting the club for more than ten years and we have proudly been involved in taking several local children’s teams to visit the club during match days over that time.
- Home: Shirts – Black and White stripes. Shorts – Black. Socks – White
- Away: Shirts – Orange with black trim. Shorts – Orange with black trim. Socks – Orange with black trim,
- Ground: Twerton Park
- Record Attendance: 18,020 vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1960)
- Pitch Size: 110 x 76 yards Ground Capacity: 3,528 Seating Capacity: 1,006
- Disabled Information Wheelchairs: 10 spaces each for home & away fans in front of the family stand
- Disabled Toilets: 2 behind the family stand Contact No. (01225) 423087
- Away Supporters Away Section: Bristol End Entrances: Bristol End Seating: Family Stand
And so many more:
In addition to our long-term support for the charities and organisations above we have been involved with so many other good works in our community.
Total Bathrooms supports Charity Drives, Red Nose Days, School Auctions and Fetes, Village Fairs and Music Festivals in and around Bath.
We’ve also been proud to donate free products to the construction of the Batheaston village hall and we loved loaning one of our free-standing baths to a production at the Rondo Theatre in Larkhall.
As with many companies in this area we have often donated to the tremendous fundraising efforts of the RUH Bath NHS foundation trust too. We’ve also been proud to have donated bulbs to the ‘Your Park’ community charity and assisted in planting them in Newbridge Open Space just up the road from our Showroom.
Without being boastful we like to think we have become an integral part of the community over the past 21 years!